Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ring Ring...answer when He calls

Although I fought against the calling of homeschooling, I am very happy that I accepted God's call.  It's been a joy and pleasure to be a part of my children's lives in this way.  Yes, there are days when I think "I need to get out of the house...alone!"  Absolutely, there are days that I feel like I am not enough for my children.  (Don't we all??)  I worry that I'm not giving them the things they need. 

Then, I take a deep breath and think about the fact that I'm not alone.  God wanted me to do this for a reason.  He knocked and knocked until I answered.  He would never give me more than I can handle...and he will never leave me alone. 

He has given me a fabulous support system.  I have an amazing husband who supports me in our homeschooling journey.  My bible study group is always encouraging and caring about any crazy homeschooling thing I decide to do with my children.  (..like when you decide to teach them the periodic table by using real people...uh, that's coming soon and I'm gonna need volunteers!!!)  I'm also honored to be a part of a Catholic homeschooling group that lifts me up spiritually too!

Finally, I have been given the gift of an amazing set of children.  They enjoy the "one room schoolhouse" setting.  They like working together.  They enjoy group projects and family dinner conversations about how to build an edible plant or animal cell.

If when thinking about all of this, I can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  There are a few things tend to remember.

My favorite verse:  Romans 8:28  All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things?  If God shall be for us whom shall be against us?

Finally, last but not least, I love, love, love to think about the poem Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson.

If you have an inspirational verse, poem or story that you'd like to share...please do so.

Thank you and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment