Friday, November 19, 2010

Facebook Inspires Me...

There are days when I'm sitting at home feeling sort of alone in this world.  I know I'm not, but I still feel like I am.  Over and over I tell myself that it's completely irrational.  How can I feel all alone in this world when I'm always surrounded by people?  Somehow, I manage.

I feel like I don't fit it.  I feel as though I don't belong.  I still feel like a teenager who isn't quite sure of what to say when they are standing around the "cool kids" at school. 

About a year ago, facebook came along.  I wasn't an instant fan.  I'm not a technology person.  Give me a computer and I can turn it on...and that's about it.  I've enjoyed email in the past, but I don't like to always communicate through email.  I think it's cold and distant.  Email is a great way to get thoughts and words out quickly, but things can be taken out of context.  I think in person or on the phone communication is always the best way to go. 

That being said, after a while with facebook I realized what an amazing tool it could be.  It breaks down barriers.  There are people from all walks of life who talk to each other.  You can connect with old friends and make new ones through your current friends.  It's absolutely wonderful!!  I do think that you should use caution because many of the various applications, etc.  Just like with anything in life can be time consuming and can take you away from other things you should be doing...trust me I had to finally stop playing the games because they just suck you dry!  ugh

Okay, now why am I going on and on about facebook.  Well, I really enjoy listening to other people talk about their faith on facebook.  It is sometimes the kick in the pants that I need to jump start my day.  No, I don't believe I have to re-post a quote or I'm not going to heaven.  I just love seeing faith so open and free.  We are so lucky to be able to speak about our faith.  What an invaluable tool in sharing our life, faith and our beliefs.

Today I was inspired by a post on facebook.  "God can turn your tests and trials into your testimony."  I have a couple of friends who are going through a great deal right now.  I'm not naming names, but if you're reading this and you need prayers...then, I've lifted you up in prayer as I've written this.

Remember those who are struggling today and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment