Friday, November 12, 2010

Advent is rapidly approaching!

So, I'm sitting here trying to think about what fun and crafty things I can do with my children for Advent.  I want to make sure they get all they can out of the season.  It's so important to help them get more than just the "Sunday fix" from Mass.  I want them to live and breathe their Catholic faith.

I like the idea of the straw in the cradle for baby Jesus.  You add one piece of straw during Advent for every good deed.  The plan is to have a nice bed for Jesus before Christmas.  I'm thinking we could do this before bed time prayers.

I also like the idea of making chains that you tear off every night or day that have something specific you are supposed to do for the day.  Oh, Oh, there's a Jesse tree and....

What should we do this year?  Hmmm 

Thoughts and ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment