Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lazy Saturday

What an amazingly wonderful day!  After our yummy breakfast, the kids got out their computers and started doing school work.  No, I didn't ask them to this.  I am just that lucky! 

My little man is really interested in science, so he studied plants on the computer today.  He reviewed the parts and the life cycle of plants.  We decided to put studies in action, so we took some cuttings of one of my plants and place them in water.  We already have some growing on the counter, but you can never have enough!

My middle daughter decided she wanted to go back and review the human body.  She's always excited to learn new facts that she can share with me.  She likes telling me things and seeing if I already knew it.  :o)

Finally, last but not least, my eldest child did some school today also.  Guess what she did.  Well, anyone who knows us at all can probably guess the answer.  I have a tween who reads like a fiend!!  In fact, that's all she wants for Christmas this year.  Books, books, books....

We followed up the unplanned school time with free time for the kids and a early afternoon movie date for my husband and I.  It was so nice.  We don't go out very much.  I don't like to be away from the kids.  I really am a homebody.

Tim and I saw Morning Glory.  I laughed out loud in the theater.  No, really I did.  Of course, there were only 4 of us in the theater!  Ha.  Which made it all the more funny as I was cracking up at this movie.  I'm quite certain the people several rows ahead of me thought there was something wrong with me, but I just thought this was such a funny movie!  Now, that being said...I could have done without some of the foul language in the movie.  I mean why do they do that???  It could have been just as funny without that.  I would still see it again.  (It was funny!!!--even my husband was laughing)  Although, now that I think about it, I can't be certain whether he was laughing at me or at the movie!

Lunch was spectacular and eventful.  Joseph came up to me during lunch with blood dripping down his face.  (nice, right?)  We had a tooth malfunction.  So, while chewing a bite of my sandwich, I pulled a tooth.  Go me!

We wrapped up our evening with a family movie and homemade soup.  It was a fabulous day!!

Happy day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment