Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All in a Day's School Work

So, this morning I got up and found myself faced with a tickle in my throat.  Ugh!  I'm not at all excited by this.  AT ALL!!  Anyway, I got up and made the butter braids my sister had out on the counter rising.  These things are so yummy.  Really, if you've never tried them...you must!  I made cream cheese and apple.  Mmmmm.  We did a few loads of laundry, which I'm happy to say my kids were great about helping me.  Yeah, go kids!!

After breakfast, the kids and I sat down and began our school for the day.  I checked in with each of the children's instructional supervisors.  (This year we are doing online school, so there is someone we answer to...it takes some getting used to for me...I like to be in control.)  The ladies are lovely.  They have been very helpful and are always eager to do what I need.  There are just things that I don't always like or want.  School work was a huge success today.  I am always so much in awe of my children.  I am so happy for them and so proud of them.

Much to my little guys dismay today he drew pictures and had to do copy work about his drawings.  He does not like to draw or color, so we try to do this every week.  It's very painful for everyone involved.  He also did spelling, reading and math.  Of course, since we tend to do our work around the kitchen table, he also studies whatever subjects the girls are studying.  He listens and answers questions.  Even if he's playing with his toys at the table while they are doing their work, he's getting more.  :)

My middle daughter began working on spelling today.  We reviewed her words and she took spelling tests.  She also wrote a letter.  Mythology was the next subject for her.  She LOVES mythology.  Next, she worked on her multiplication.  We had a light bulb moment there...so exciting!  Then, it was off to reading and she rounded the day off with science...whew...that girl was crazy today!

My eldest was equally amazing today.  She flew through her history today.  She did so many lessons I can't even count.  I am always excited by the amount of information she retains when she reads.  I am also excited that she enjoys working on this subject on her own with just a review from me.  (I loathe history...really, I do.)  This has been both a good and bad thing about the online schooling.  She has more independence and can move at her own pace; however, sometimes I don't have a clue what she's talking about when she's got a question...I have to look through the book and her lessons, etc.  grrr...  Although, the questions are fairly few and far between....which leads to the other bad thing...I miss the one on one time with the school work.  I like teaching.

So, school is good!  My kids are great!  And, I am the luckiest mom in the world...that is until tomorrow when everything falls apart and the tickle in my throat becomes something worse and nothing goes right with school and the ice hits and ....and...and...Okay, maybe I'll stick with it's all good!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment