Thursday, December 2, 2010

5 Little Things

I am really shocked at how the getting rid of 5 things a day has motivated me.  (See post from yesterday...or maybe the day before, I've lost track of time.) 

I started small.  I got rid of 5 things from my purse.  From there I realized that I could get rid of 5 more things from my purse.  So, to the trash can I went.  Yesterday, I am happy to say that 20 things found a happy home in my trash can.  That was all from my purse.  Mind you, that was bubble gum wrappers, receipts, and store flyers...but still, awesome, right?!?!

I was so excited from the purse purge that I went to the fridge.  Okay, so 5 things found their way to the trash from there.  Woo Hoo!  Totally rockin, right?  I thought so.

By the time my husband got home from work, the place looked amazing.  That's what you were thinking, wasn't it?  Well, you would be wrong.  I took on the master bath cabinets next.  Holy cow, what was I thinking?  I threw away all kinds of crap.  What was I doing with all of that stuff anyway?  If you can't answer it, you know that I sure can't.  I tore the cabinet on my side all out.  I consolidated things and threw out things.  It was enlightening.  Whew!  I found some soap that had fallen over and spilled...ugh!!

By the time I went to bed, I was pooped...absolutely, tee-totally pooped. 

This morning, I got rid of some more things.  :)  I gave all of my kids barbie dolls and barbie supplies to an adorable little girl who is super excited about having more.  (Way more than 5 things there...yeah!)

The evening brought another cleaning sweep.  More things in the trash...and with everything finding the trash...I just feel like a weight is being lifted off me.  It's awesome.

So, here's my conclusion.  I am totally happy if I only throw away/give away, etc. 5 little things a day, but if I feel so motivated to do more...than so be it.

Happy purging to anyone else joining me on this journey & God Bless!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment