Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Road is Filled with Good Intentions.

You set your goals, you decide what you're going to do...then, bam, all of a sudden, out of no where, life throws you a curve ball.  Personally, most of the time, it smacks me right in the face.  (I'm really not a very good ball player.  Just ask my son...oh, hence the previous post where I mentioned not a good idea for us to play catch in the house.)

So, what happens when your intentions are good, but due to circumstances beyond your control your follow through is less that 100%?

I often think about those who are truly succeeding in life.  Those who are CEO's, they've created things, they are making their dreams come true, or they are happily living debt free, etc.  Whatever the "success" is, how do they achieve it?

I think success is taking the ice off your face (from the curve ball), giving the "good intentions" a dirty look (you know the one your kids give you when they don't want to do something, and just pushing through....perseverance.  That is my motto for today.  Perseverance.

May you be able to persevere through whatever trials you have today.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment