Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Long Road

There is nothing like a long drive to help you ponder over a bunch o' stuff.  Although a 6 year old in the back asking "How much longer?"  doesn't necessarily help...lol.

All in all my ride to my sister's house was a peaceful and wonderful drive.  I was able to enjoy the snow and the sun.  I listened to my son practice his reading.  (Mind you he was trying to play his DSI and needed to read the instructions to play this game...ha ha ha.)  You know, as a parent, you do what you have to do with your children.

He also was writing and making up games in the back.  I looked back in the mirror for a moment at one point to see why exactly he was so quite only to see that the back passenger window was COMPLETELY covered in post-it notes.  Many of these notes said "I love Mom" or "Joseph loves Mommy"...how could I be mad??

Other than the fairly smooth ride and the need to stop and go potty (ugh, I hate public restrooms...I hate germs!!), my mind drifted in and out between states and cars.  I wondered and pondered so many things about life.  Am I where I should be?  Am I who I should be?  Am I doing what I should be doing????  What should I be doing??...lol. 

I hope to be on this road of life for a long time and while I'm on it I'd really like to make sure that I'm doing the things I'm supposed to be doing.  I want to make sure that I'm on the right path.  So, what path am I supposed to be on???  Hmmm

May your path be smooth and your road be long.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment