Friday, December 3, 2010

Letting Go

Life is a journey.  Sometimes the journey is an amazingly smooth ride along a beautifully handcrafted path God made for me.  However, other times it seems to be a tumultuous voyage in this vast ocean that is somewhat daunting.

As the days draw nearer to the anniversary of my brother-in-laws death, I find myself adrift on the ocean.  I'm riding the waves with trepidation of the days to come.

The impending day causes me to reflect on many things in my life.  I find that along the journey the thing that is the hardest is letting go.  Just like the "5 things little things" I'm working on right now in my life, I have at least 5 things from my past that I'm holding onto...weights, if you will, that are dragging me down.

Sometimes there have been waves along my journey that have seemed to come out of no where.  Other, waves, I've made and they festered like a tsunami until it rocked my world.  So, today I'm working on letting go.  I'm trying to let go of hurt, anger, frustration, pain, and sorrow. 

I'm going to lift those things up this week in prayer.  I'm going to work on smooth sailing this week.  I'm going to follow the path God has for me.  I'm going to be thankful for the gift of life and the joy of living this great adventure.

Thank you for sharing a part of my journey today.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment